- That my child’s confidence has hopefully been boosted by her first-place win in a local student juried art show. (That’s the winning photo, top, and her with the organizer of the Red Dirt Artists & Gallery show, Andrew Akufo, bottom.)
- Spending a Thanksgiving luncheon with Elle at her school and meeting her classmates (even the ones that give her a hard time – we know who you are now! Just kidding…kind of).
- This year, Elle had a dad to visit her for lunch at school.
- Sharing a Friday night dinner with new friends and their kids.
- Reading through six chapters of a book for the pure fun of it in one sitting (college textbooks were hidden away all week). My eyes exploded but it was worth it.